Modern Reef Proportional Consumption Reef Keeping System
It contains all essential trace elements found in natural seawater, organic and inorganic micronutrients, and amino acids in one set of 4 canisters! All you need to maintain a thriving and colorful modern reef aquarium. A unique proportional consumption formula created and been used by Euro Corals to breed and produce spectacular corals. Modern Reef - Reef Keeping System is the base of our proportional consumption reef keeping system with Complete Reef Food and Polypop. Once you find your maintenance dosage and ideal KH level, our system will provide your reef with all it needs to thrive and color up by proportion of consumption of KH (carbonate hardness) and Ca (calcium).
- Developed to enhance one of the most challenging pigments in reef keeping yellow and orange pigments
- Enhance red, pink, blue, and purple pigments, especially the body and polyps of Acropora corals
- Stimulate non-fluorescent chromoproteins for better pigmentation
- Designed for blue side spectrum light reef aquariums for better fluorescent proteins or reflective pigments excitation and stimulation
- The growth rate is highly improved when used with Complete Reef Food and can be boosted more with a correct white side spectrum light, but the RKS will be consumed more
- 4 equal parts dosing system
- No need to test for magnesium and calcium constantly, only KH
- No need for any other 3rd product like amino acids, mixed trace elements, or any other tagged for coral coloration, polyp extensions, or growth (only Modern Reef - Complete Reef Food and Polypop)
- Proportional consumption reef keeping system dosed by calculation to avoid overdose or unnecessary accumulations that may cause problems
- Free of Nitrates (no3) or Phosphates (po4)
- Will adapt to any aquarium setup and nutrient export method by finding the maintenance of KH and the ideal KH level that the reef aquarium should use with the calcium level
- Improves water clarity by enhancing the propagation of sponges and sea squirts
- SPS corals get longer colored tips
The concentration of the Modern Reef - Reef Keeping System (RKS) is designed at a maximum allowed concentration to avoid any precipitation of some trace elements in the liquid. Our Modern Reef LAB team is still researching to make it more concentrated without causing any precipitations. A workaround to reduce consumption would be to use the system with Modern Reef ONE-4Reef, which can reduce up to 50% of the consumption of the RKS.
10ml x100 liters will raise 1dKH
Requairments and preparation
Moder Reef - RKS is ready to use a 4-equal parts liquid solution. It can be dosed by hand, but we recommend using a dosing pump. Especially for SPS dominant reef aquariums. Preferable a dosing pump that can be calibrated with 4 heads. If your doser has only 3 heads, you can combine one part of BASE KH1 with one part of BASE KH2 in one canister or container. In this case, you will have to multiply the combined BASE KH1 and BASE KH2 dosage by 2.
Please consider these tips below to improve the pump performance for accurate dosing and a stable reef aquarium:
- The tubing from the canisters to the dosing pump heads should have the same length, and also, from the pumps to your aquarium should have the same length. This will make the pumps have the same conditions, and calibration will be more constant.
- Calibrate your dosing pumps following the recommendation of the manufacturer. Don't forget to check the calibration every 6 months and recalibrate if needed.
- Set the doser to dose equal parts and give at least 5-10 minutes between each dosing pump, avoiding dosing simultaneously. Ideally, start with BASE KH1, then BASE CAL, then BASE KH2, then BASE MAG, then again BASE KH1, and so on, with a 5-10 minutes gap.
- Spread the daily dosage as many times as your dosing pump allows it per day. This is very useful and with great benefits. The Modern Reef RKS is formulated to supply trace elements, and some of them can be consumed quickly by reef aquariums. After a few hours will be taken to "undetectable" no matter the level. Even so, if ICPs can't detect these elements, our system will constantly provide them to make them always available for corals and avoid the "Greening Effect" by accumulation at the same time. Therefore, to make the most advantage of this unique proportional consumption formula, we recommend spreading the daily dosage per day as much as possible.
Dosage and recommendations
The basic parameters tested with great success by Euro Corals for keeping a thriving and colorful reef aquarium are the following: